My most recent visit to the Farmers Market left me with a giant bag of fresh spinach that I had no idea what to do with, as well as some other veggies that I needed to use. I decided that I was going to try a new recipe and make these quesadillas for dinner! The ingredients are just rough estimates. I added a lot of spinach, and didn’t use more than 1 tomato, but you can add/take out ingredients as you want! I used whole wheat tortillas, and used fresh mozzarella, but any kind of mozzarella cheese and tortilla will be fine. Here is roughly what I used for my quesadillas!
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella
- 1 Roma Tomato (sliced thin)
- 1 cup Spinach (chopped if needed)
- 2 tablespoons Pesto
- 2 tortillas
- Place one tortilla on a skillet over medium heat, and spread a layer (I used about 1 tablespoon per tortilla) of pesto on top.
- Add a light layer of mozzarella cheese, then feta.
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread a layer of pesto on the other tortilla. Place tortilla on top, heat for about 5 minutes, flip, and heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
***Word of advice: Be careful and try not to burn your hand like I did while flipping tortillas. Safe cooking, everyone!***