This is really two recipes, but I thought they paired together perfectly, and they were easy to fix at the same time as well. The Paprika Chicken with Spinach in White Wine Thyme Sauce was full of flavor and the sauce was delicious. It is done all on the stove top in a skillet, which left the oven free for roasting some sweet potatoes! Check out the recipes below and enjoy this delicious meal!
Paprika Chicken & Spinach in White Wine Thyme Sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 5 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc and it turned out really well!)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Season the chicken breasts with the paprika, rubbing it evenly over both sides. Also season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the chicken breasts. Cook on one side for three minutes (or until starting to brown/golden), flip, and turn the heat down to medium, or slightly less. Let cook for another three minutes before adding the remaining butter, thyme and garlic.
- Cook, stirring the thyme and garlic around, for about 2 minutes before adding the wine.
- Bring the wine to a gentle simmer and let cook for 20 minutes. If it reduces too much, you can always add a little more wine!
- Add the spinach, and let wilt fully. Season with salt and pepper, make sure your chicken is done, and enjoy!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped thyme leaves (fresh leaves are best!)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- more olive oil (for serving, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together olive oil, garlic, and thyme.
- Place potatoes in a mound on baking sheet, pour mixture over potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, tossing once halfway through, about 20-25 minutes total.
- Remove from oven, drizzle and toss with a small amount of olive oil then immediately sprinkle with parmesan.
You can always add more seasonings and fresh herbs, like basil or parsley, for even more flavor! Enjoy and happy cooking!