I love banana nut bread anytime of the year, but it is also great around the holidays! You can give it away or just enjoy it with the thousands of other sweets. I think its the perfect amount of banana, nuts, and the perfect sweetness. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe/overripe bananas, smashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour **(I prefer to use 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour and 1 cup All-Purpose Flour)**
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract. Mix.
- Put the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl together. Put the smashed bananas and the milk in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the bananas/milk and the flour mixture to your original mixture and mix well. If you want to add any kind of nuts (pecans and/or walnuts work well), you can add them now.
- Grease and lightly flour your bread pans. I use two 8in x 4in dark nonstick metal pans. Bake the loaves at 350. Depending on the size of the loaf pan, it should take between 45-60 minutes, but you can check and see if they are fully cooked by inserting a toothpick into the bread and seeing if it comes out clean.
***Note: I add chopped nuts on top of the loaves once I pour the batter in the pans just for a little extra crunch, but this is obviously optional! You can also add a handful of chocolate chips into the batter before baking if you like banana bread and chocolate together!***