These gluten free snickerdoodles are AMAZING! I wouldn’t believe they were gluten free if I didn’t know beforehand. My aunt made these and I stole the recipe because I enjoyed them so much.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix **Make sure you use the gluten-free BAKING MIX — NOT the gluten-free flour
- for the topping: 1/4 cup sugar, 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and have a baking sheet or two handy. No need to grease the sheet.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and butter until blended.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir until blended.
- Add the baking mix and stir until evenly blended.
- To make the topping: Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; use more cinnamon for more pronounced cinnamon flavor.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/4″ balls. If the dough is sticky or hard to work with, refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
- Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then place on the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 14 to 16 minutes, or until set. They’ll stay light-colored, only darkening very slightly on the bottom. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan before moving to a rack to cool completely.
- Yield: about 30 cookies.