- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced pears, and/or apples
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown cane sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and oil until completely blended.
- Stir in diced fruit.
- Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry to wet ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Let batter sit for 15-20 minutes: this is optional, but I think it makes the muffins rise higher.
- Divide batter between 20 greased muffin cups and bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Tip: You can substitute half of the flour with oats/oat flour for a slightly different taste and a healthier option!